EXPLORATION OF KAGOSHIMA AND THE ISLAND OF SAKURAJIMA
Visita turística, Compras, Comida no incluida
This tour takes us on a voyage of discovery to the city of Kagoshima, often favourably compared to the city of Naples for its mild climate, palm-lined streets, friendly atmosphere and the nearby volcano of Sakurajima, which we will reach by boat.
Lo que vamos a ver
- Sengan-en garden
- Shoko Shuseikan museum
- Volcanic island of Sakurajima
- Lava Nagisa Park
- Shopping in the district of Tenmonkan
Lo que haremos
- Leaving the port behind, we will travel by coach along the coastline to reach the magnificent Sengan-en garden, a traditional Japanese garden recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site which offers stunning views over the bay and Sakurajima volcano in the distance.
- After admiring the natural beauties of this wonderful place, we will pay a visit to the nearby Shoko Shuseikan museum located in an old factory which, dating back 150 years, was the first stone building to be built in a western style in Japan.
- Also recognised as a World Heritage Site, the museum houses artefacts that document the life of the Shimazu family, their contributions to industry and the technological evolutions that arrived from the West which would later contribute to Japan’s modernisation in the late nineteenth century.
- Next we will travel by boat to the volcanic island of Sakurajima, the symbol of Kagoshima whose mountainous profile dominates the city from the ocean, often crowned by the plume of smoke that heralds the unrelenting volcanic activity of this unique environment.
- Once back on dry land, we will continue our tour with a visit to Lava Nagisa Park, where we will immerse our feet into a 100-metre-long footbath. The warm waters are drawn from a depth of over one thousand metres, replenishing our energy as we admire the enchanting views of the bay of Kinko before us and the Sakurajima volcano behind us.
- Our senses rejuvenated, we will return by boat to Kagoshima and conclude our tour with a stroll through the bustling shopping district of Tenmonkan, perhaps buying a few souvenirs or sampling the local street food.
Qué hay que saber
No se dispone de guías de habla hispana. Las explicaciones del guía se darán en inglés.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.