WALK IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF SAIGO TAKAMORI, THE HERO OF KAGOSHIMA
Visita turística, Compras, Comida no incluida
This tour takes us on a journey of discovery into the life of Saigō Takamori, one of the most influential samurai in Japanese history and a celebrated hero of the Meiji Restoration. We will explore his life and times with a visit to a museum dedicated to the Meiji Restoration and a historical television drama museum, concluding our tour with some free time in a local shopping district.
Lo que vamos a ver
- Museum of the Meiji Restoration
- Sego-don Taiga Drama Kan Museum
- Shopping in the district of Tenmonkan
Lo que haremos
- Leaving the port behind, we will travel by coach to our first destination, the Museum of the Meiji Restoration. The museum is located close to the birthplace of Saigō Takamori, a celebrated samurai and politician who played an instrumental role in the imperial restoration to become a local hero.
- The museum is packed with interesting facts about the history of Kagoshima and its important role in Japan's journey towards modernisation, explored through interactive and highly engaging reconstructions and exhibitions.
- We will delve further into the public and private life of Saigō Takamori with a visit to Sego-don Taiga Drama Kan, a popular tourist attraction and drama museum that explores the life of Kagoshima’s hero in the wake of a television drama series entitled “Sego-don”, featuring set reconstructions and behind-the-scenes footage from the programme.
- Our tour concludes with a stroll through the shopping district of Tenmonkan, where we will have the opportunity to buy souvenirs or perhaps sample some local street food such as the shirokuma polar bear ice drink or traditional Kagoshima ramen.
Qué hay que saber
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.