TOUR OF MOUNT UNZEN
Cultural, Compras, Comida no incluida
Discover the true power of nature with this tour of the volcanic landscape of Mount Unzen, immersing our feet in the longest thermal footbath in Japan, visiting an evocative volcanic crater known as “Unzen Hell”, enjoying a delicious light lunch and exploring the local shops in Chinatown.
Lo que vamos a ver
- Shimabara peninsula and Mount Unzen
- Light lunch in a local restaurant
- Hot Foot 105 thermal footbath
- Unzen Jigoku (“Unzen Hell")
Lo que haremos
- Leaving the port behind, we will travel to the Shimabara peninsula to the east of Nagasaki, dominated by the imposing profile of Mount Unzen, an active volcanic group of several overlapping stratovolcanoes.
- On reaching our destination, our first stop is a local restaurant for a delicious light lunch of local delicacies typical of the Nagasaki area.
- After lunch, we will immerse ourselves in relaxation in the regenerative waters of the Hot Foot 105 thermal footbath, the longest of its kind in Japan, which boasts a magnificent location overlooking the ocean. What could be more indulgent than bathing our feet in the hot springs as our gaze roams from the mountains to the ocean!
- Our minds and bodies rejuvenated, we will continue our tour with a visit to Unzen Jigoku, literally “Unzen Hell”, a volcanic crater of sulphurous springs where we will walk over walkways and watch steam, smoke and jets of boiling water spurt into the sky like geysers. This dramatic natural display is a testament to the extraordinary forces operating below the Earth's surface.
- On our return to the port, we will stop to explore Chinatown, the oldest Chinese district in Japan founded in the seventeenth century, where we will have to opportunity to explore the local shops and perhaps sample some traditional cuisine.
Qué hay que saber
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability. ?